Chilli Dog (Enduro)
Chilli Dog (Enduro)
140-150mm Travel | Enduro
Please add the following to your notes (we will also be in touch after your order to confirm details)
- Frame colour
- Rockshox Lyrik Colour (Black or Green)
- Tyres (Tan or Black)
|Chilli Dog UK made, 853 Triple Butted tubing, Custom reach and Colour|
|Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate, Black or Green. 150mm as standard, other travel options may be available. (add to notes, or we will be in touch to confirm)|
|Magura MT5 4pot c/w Rotors (203mm F/ 180mm R)|
|Shimano SLX 12sp, Shimano BB & Cassette|
|Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.4inch, Black or Tan wall available (add to notes, or we will be in touch to confirm)|
|PNW Loam dropper 200mm drop|
|Unite Renegade 35mm/35mm Dia|
|Unite Renegade 35mm dia/ 20mm Rise|
|Fabric Scoop Sport|
|Radical Headset (Black), other colours may be available dependant upon stock|
IMPORTANT: Component availability is extremely volatile. If any components are not available we will be in touch if there are any changes to your orders. We will always try to offer an alternative if possible. We will also not delay orders if certain parts are missing and we cannot source a replacement, we will simply refund the difference to get your bike to you ASAP!
BUILT TO PERFORM....
You all know the cliché by now... modern, low, slack... yeah, we can all tick boxes right?
The Chilli Dog is designed and engineered to meet the demands of modern enduro riding; we could give you the marketing speel, but the fact is it JUST WORKS. A raw riding experience, at home between the tapes or the singletrack of your local woods.
Smart geometry and quality materials with some added spice.
And the best thing? Select your reach measurement to gain that perfect size and balance for your riding style, complete with full custom colours
Its PROPER GOOD...
Available in both 29inch (290) & 27.5inch (275) wheel specific. 275 is in development, not expected until fall 2023.
Tough & Reliable; designed, manufactured and tested in the U.K....
Each Chilli dog frame is hand welded in the UK by a guy with a beard & dangerous haircut.... using the highest quality of UK sourced Reynolds Steel.
We use a tri blend of Reynolds 853, 631 and 525. Reynolds 853 DZB (Triple butted) TT & DT, matted to 631 & 525 tubes give the ultimate blend of strength, compliance and weight.
Because of its extremely high strength & air hardening capabilities, the tubing profile can be drawn with super thin walls, without compromising its integrity. The triple butt tubes allow us to run a tick wall at the tube ends, but reduce this in the centre by nearly 50%. This gives a super compliant ride, on a seriously tough frame.
The remainder of the parts are also UK sourced, except for our individually CNC'd yoke, which is fabricated to an extremely high quality in Germany. Our yoke is engineered specifically to cater to the needs of the Chilli Dog, giving exceptional rear clearance, composure and power transfer.
The frames are coated by hand, including individual airbrushed decals, making each frame that extra special. The frames are then given their final party piece; the Radical Headbadge... Cast in pewter, by hand... by a bloke... in a shed...
- Custom reach ranging from 445m to 505mm
- Recommended travel: 150mm.
- Travel range: 140-160mm.
- Conservative measurements across the reach/length gives a balanced ride.
- Uber low slung geometry gives ultimate cornering, stability and braking control.
- Super steep seat tube angle for exceptional technical climbing ability and a shorter, more comfortable/natural seated position.
- Short, straight seat tube designed around the use of longer dropper posts to get slammed properly when s**t gets hairy.
- Top tubes run across the same line on all sizes, offering leading standover clearance. Perfect for sizing flexibility and keeping the frame out of your way!
- Tall stack, because its just better...
- A slack head angle with a 140-160mm fork means the bike remains composed and slack, no matter the terrain.
- Full Steel frame: Reynolds 853 DZB (Triple butted) TT & DT, matted to 631 & 525 tubes to give the ultimate blend of strength, compliance and weight.
- Frame treated internally utilising Anti Corrosion formula, with routing grommets & BB drainage to give a better rust/corrosion protection.
- 5 year warranty & lifetime crash replacement for the original owner.
- Independently analysed to 4210-6 standards, above recommended travel.
- Geometry: See product images
- Sizing: See below
- Seat Post: 31.6mmm internal routing only
- Seat Post Clamp: 34.1mm (Buy here)
- Bottom Bracket: standard 73mm threaded BSA/English
- 44mm headtube. Tapered fork headset sizes: ZS44/28.6 top headset cup, EC44/40 lower headset cup. Purchase here.
- Post mount required: IS rear '(Rotor size)'
- Rear Wheel spacing: Boost (148mm x 12mm)
- Chain guide devices: To suit ISCG05
- Front chain ring clearance: Max 34T
- Tire Clearance: We recommend max 2.5inch for best clearance, however the frame will allow a 2.6inch tyre on both 290 & 275 models
- Frame Protection available here!
Struggling with what reach to choose? Why not check out our sizing chart...
The frames have short seat tubes with a very low standover, so sizing is very flexible and more centred around the length. We recommend the use of longer dropper posts and shorter stems (35-50mm) dependant on sizing.
This is our GUIDE and how we would recommend the sizing. This is certainly not a definitive recommendation, so riders should choose to how they prefer their bike!
Are you on the lower end of a scale? Not a problem; thanks to the short seat tubes and lower standover this is not a problem.
Sizing up, or on the shorter end of the scale? shorter dropper post/35mm stem
Sizing down, or on the larger end of the scale? Longer dropper post/ 50mm stem.
Seat post insertion depths
Short, straight seat tubes allow for most 200mm droppers to be fully inserted. See max seat post insertions;
445 to 465mm Reach: 290mm
475 to 485mm Reach: 305mm
495 to 505mm Reach: 320mm
View the Shipping details.
View Maintenance details here.
Want help with a build, or is there something you are unsure on? Don't be afraid to speak to us, head over to the contact us page!
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Please remember we are very small outfit and must work alongside our regular commitments. We will always endeavour to dispatch products ASAP!
If you ever have any concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Free/ Standard Shipping (2-4 working days UK)
Generally UK orders should arrive within 2-4 days from placement of order. This service is chargeable to any order below £50.
Express Shipping (1-2 working days UK)
UK orders will arrive 24-48hrs from placement of order.
Frames are shipped with express shipping free of charge (excluding orders outside the UK).
We ship internationally!
Shipping rates are calculated at checkout. We offer:
- DHL express: Generally 3-5 days, tracked.
- Standard International: Generally 6-10 days, tracked. Shipping times can vary.
IMPORTANT: Any additional import duties or taxes due in any countries outside the UK are the customers responsibility. We will of course assist in any way and fill out customs paperwork ourselves, so we can to ensure the process is as seamless as possible.
Component availability can be dependant on the manufactures/ suppliers stock. Although we try to keep stock levels accurate, this can change without notice to ourselves. If there any problems that may affect your order or delivery, we will be in touch to discuss your options or offer a refund.
Shipping time are used as guidance only, if your items are delayed it may be through no fault of Radical All Mountain cycles, but that of the courier. If you are experiencing problems with your order, we will assist in anyway we can to ensure your items are delivered as soon as possible.
Steel frames are TOUGH.... really TOUGH... but It is important to maintain your frames corrosion/rust resistance to ensure the material integrity remains high throughout its lifespan.
HOW ARE FRAMES PROTECTED?
All of our frames are coated externally with a clear coat finish for extra protection. We would always suggest 'Invisiframe' (or similar) frame protection is installed to maximise protection.
For our UK made frames, we treat the internals using Anti Corrosion Formula 50 (ACF-50). This product is renowned for its use in the aviation and motorsport industry.
This formula is injected into the frames after external coating. Thanks to the way this product can be applied using a 360 degree injector hose, it means we can get further into the frame than some other applications, giving a greater degree of protection.
It is extremely important that you grease your seat post prior to installation. If you do not, over time, a process knows as 'Galvanic Corrosion' (reaction of Aluminium to Steel) occurs, and the seat post will become extremely difficult to remove from the frame. We would also recommend twisting the seat post slightly every few rides.
Grease in other contact areas such as headtube and BB should also be used.
HOW SHOULD I MAINTAIN MY FRAME?
You should always spray a water displacement aerosol through the grommets and BB hole after every wash/wet ride.
The tubes are internally treater with ACF-50 which remains 'active' for up to 12 months, however we recommend spraying ACF-50 (in aerosol form for ease) or other water displacement aerosols into all internally exposed areas every 3 months. This includes:
- Down the internals of the seat tube
- Bottom bracket (internal)
- Through the routing grommets
If you are unsure of anything on this page, do not hesitate to get in touch on our Contact Us page.