150mm/ 29er/ Enduro
PRODULY MANUFACTURED IN THE UK
THIS IS A PRE ORDER - FRAMES CURRENTLY IN MANUFACTURE WITH DISPATCH EXPECTED 10TH DEC
The colour you wanted not available? Pop us a line....
Some mutts just can't be muzzled....
The Chilli Dog is our ultimate hardcore hardtail...
That's right, it’s another cliché... You know; modern, low, slack... yeah, we ticked the boxes...
The Chilli Dog is designed with aggression at the forefront. With its super low, slack chassis, the Chilli Dog is like a possessed train on rails. We pair this aggression to more conservative measurements across the reach and chainstay lengths, keeping the ride balanced and alive...
The top tubes run across the same line on both sizes, meaning the stand over is low across the board. Pair this to the low, straight seat tubes (allowing the rider to slam a long dropper), the frame is kept out of the way when s**t gets hairy, whilst making sizing extremely flexible!
Don't forget, you have to go up to come down; A super steep seat tube paired with a shorter, more upright riding position gives exceptional climbing ability, whilst remaining comfortable on those long days, reducing hip/lower back fatigue.
Yeah, Its PROPER good...
Tough & Reliable; designed, manufactured and tested in the U.K....
Each Chilli dog frame is hand welded in the UK by 'SpOoKy WiTcHcRaFt'.... using the highest quality of UK sourced Reynolds Steel.
Because of its extremely high strength & air hardening capabilities, the tubing profile can be drawn with super thin walls, without compromising its integrity. The triple butt tubes allow us to run a tick wall at the tube ends, but reduce this in the centre by nearly 50%. This gives an extremely compliant ride, on a seriously tough frame.
The remainder of the parts are also UK sourced, except for our individually CNC'd yoke, which is fabricated to an extremely high quality in Germany. Our yoke is engineered specifically to cater to the needs of the Chilli Dog, giving exceptional rear clearance, composure and power transfer.
The frames are coated by hand, including individual airbrushed decals, making each frame that extra special. The frames are then given their final party piece; the Radical Headbadge... Cast in pewter, by hand... by a bloke... in a shed...
''Boutique, small batch manufacturing''
- Recommended travel: 150mm.
- Travel range: 140-160mm.
- Low slung geometry gives ultimate cornering, stability and braking control.
- Super steep seat tube angle for exceptional technical climbing ability and a shorter, more comfortable/natural seated position.
- Short seat tubes & low standover for greater sizing flexibility. Designed around the use of longer dropper posts to get slammed properly when s**t gets hairy.
- A slack head angle with a 140-160mm fork means the bike remains composed and slack, no matter the terrain.
- Reynolds 853 DZB (Triple butted) TT & DT, matted to 631 & 525 tubes to give the ultimate blend of strength, compliance and weight.
- Frame treated internally utilising Anti Corrosion formula, with routing grommets & BB drainage to give a better rust/corrosion protection.
- 5 year warranty & lifetime crash replacement for the original owner.
- Independently analysed to 4210-6 standards, above recommended travel.
- Geometry: See product images
- Sizing: See below
What do I need?
- Seat Post: 31.6mmm internal routing only
- Seat Post Clamp: 34.1mm (Buy here)
- Bottom Bracket: standard 73mm threaded BSA/English
- 44mm headtube. Tapered fork headset sizes: ZS44/28.6 top headset cup, EC44/40 lower headset cup. Purchase here with free install.
- Post mount required: IS rear '(Rotor size)'
- Rear Wheel spacing: Boost (148mm x 12mm)
- Chain guide devices: To suit ISCG05
- Front chain ring clearance: Max 36T
- 29inch Tire Clearance: We recommend max 2.5inch for best clearance, however the frame will allow a 2.6inch tyre.
The frames have short seat tubes with a very low standover, so sizing is very flexible and more centred around the length. We recommend the use of longer dropper posts and shorter stems (35-50mm) dependant on sizing.
This is our EAZY guide... but not gospel! Are you shorter and wanting to move up to a long? Not a problem; thanks to the short seat tubes and lower standover this is EAZY....
Sizing up, or on the shorter end of the scale? shorter dropper post/35mm stem
Sizing down, or on the larger end of the scale? Longer dropper post/ 50mm stem.
Seat post insertion depths
Short, straight seat tubes allow for most 200mm droppers to be fully inserted. See max seat post insertions;
View the Shipping details.
View Maintenance details here.
Want help with a build, or is there something you are unsure on? Don't be afraid to speak to us, head over to the contact us page!