140-150mm/ 29er/ Enduro
*PLEASE NOTE: This product is still in development and there may be alterations made in the run up to its release. For this reason, no geometry numbers are currently displayed.....
Some mutts just can't be muzzled....
The Chilli Dog is designed with aggressive geometry, but with climbing competency in mind.
Despite the aggressive nature, we have kept the spice levels high by utilising a more conservative reach measurement and a ‘suitable’ amount of travel. Which will you choose; 150mm and go large, or 140mm to reduce dynamic geometry and increase composure?
Maximum attitude = Maximum spice
- Designed for 140mm to 150mm of travel.
- Tough & Reliable; designed, manufactured and tested in the U.K.
- Low slung geometry giving ultimate cornering ability and braking control.
- Steep seat tube angle for exceptional technical climbing ability and a shorter, more comfortable/natural seated position.
- Short seat tubes for greater sizing flexibility. Designed around the use of longer dropper posts to get slammed properly when s**t gets hairy! (See below for more details).
- Slack head angle with a 140-150mm fork means the bike remains composed and slack through no matter the terrain.
- Low standover to keep that frame out your way.
- Reynolds 853 DZB TT & DT, matted to 631 & 525 tubes to give the ultimate blend of strength, compliance and weight.
- Frame treated prior to final coating, with rubber grommets on the routing to give a better rust/corrosion protection.
- 5 year warranty for the original owner.
What do I need?
- Seat Post: 30.9mmm internal routing only
- Bottom Bracket: standard 73mm threaded BSA/English
- 44mm headtube. Tapered fork headset sizes: ZS44/28.6 top headset cup, EC44/40 lower headset cup. Purchase here with free install.
- Post mount required: IS rear '(Rotor size)'
- Rear Wheel spacing: Boost (148mm x 12mm)
- Chain guide devices: To suit ISCG05
- Front chain ring clearance: Max 34T
- 29inch Tire Clearance: We recommend max 2.5inch for best clearance, however the frame will allow a 2.6inch tyre.
Sizing (see chart in the images)
The frames have short seat tubes, so sizing is more so focused on the reach measurement. We recommend the use of longer dropper posts and shorter stems (35-50mm) dependant on sizing.
Sizing up, or on the shorter end of the scale? shorter dropper post/35mm stem
Sizing down, or on the larger end of the scale? Longer dropper post/ 50mm stem.
Stand over is low across all sizes; thanks to this and the lower seat tube lengths, sizing is much more flexible.
See our size chart in the images for more info. Green shows our recommended size, but orange represents where riders could size up/down.
Max seat post insertions;
View the Shipping details.
Want help with a build, or is there something you are unsure on? Don't be afraid to speak to us, head over to the contact us page!